What We Do
We provide speaking services, STEM school workshops mixed with Entertainment for children, under the trading name VSTEAM Education.
We collect data so that we can discuss your requirements and fulfil the booking needs: your personal details as well as specific details about your event will be collected. If you provide your contact details you are choosing to receive email updates and information from us with regards to your booking and our services. You can opt out of these at any time.
The Data We Collect from Booking Forms
- Name and/or company name
- Contact details (e.g. address, phone number, email address)
- Special needs of any children (allergies)
Other details related to your enquiry / booking with us (e.g. venue details)
The Data We Collect from Online
We collect contact details of schools (addresses, names of head teachers and email addresses) from online searches. This data is compiled in to a database and stored for marketing communications.
Legal Basis for Using and Storing Information from Booking Forms
We will only process your data where we have a legitimate reason because you have consented to it or because we are complying with legal obligations. Legitimate reasons for using data include:
- If you have provided your telephone number we may use it to call or text you to discuss matters relating to your enquiry and/or booking with us.
- If you send us an email, or fill out our enquiry form online, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files and the text of your email.
- If you complete one of our feedback forms we may use your first name and the feedback provided as a post on to our social media pages.
How long will your data be stored
We will store your personal data in order to assist you with your enquiry, your booking, your payments and feedback for our services. After this we may keep your details stored to send updates and special offers from time to time regarding our services. You are able to unsubscribe from our emails by contacting us. We may keep our customers’ details for longer for tax and insurance purposes. This may be up to two years. It is you right to remove your details at any time, however, should you wish to remove them all before the date of your booking, please bear in mind that it would be impossible for us to communicate with you regarding your booking.
Legal Basis for Using and Storing Information from Online Searches
Our marketing materials contain advertising material related to STEM workshops and Career talks for school children. The material we advertise is therefore is of legitimate interest to teachers; as such there is legal ground for processing the information.
The marketing database will hold school information for two years unless unsubscribed by the receiver.
- We may store your data on secure third-party devices that has been encrypted (such as online drives/servers and hard-disks).
- We may sometimes contract with trusted service providers to provide goods and services on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, marketing and IT systems. This will sometimes necessitate the transfer of your personal data to those trusted service providers.
- Where we transfer your data to our trusted service providers we will have confirmed that they will apply data protection and security measures to the same standard we would (i.e. encrypted).
- In certain limited circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal data – for example where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we complying with a court order, regulatory requirement or government department with appropriate legal authority to compel us to do so.
The GDPR act allows you to exercise your rights at anytime. You can read more about your rights here:
Complaints and Questions
If you feel dissatisfied with our response you may contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This is the UK’s supervisory authority and can be accessed via www.ico.org.uk or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Policy Updated: May 2019